Building a firm foundation for your business is what every business owner wants for success. It really can be compared to sports in a way… it’s the mastery and great implementation of the fundamentals that wins games… not all the fancy plays.
- You are in the Foundation Building Phase if:
- You have been in business 2 – or more years.
- You started documenting systems but have not completed them.
- You may have a small staff or team and want them to participate more.
- You want help putting your strategic plan and operations manual together.
- You want more time to work ON your business and not handling the day to day tasks.
Many new business owners jump into their business before doing their due diligence. They might be simply thinking about the money they can make, getting clients, and providing the products and services. Entrepreneurs are unique in that they have a tendency to jump from idea to idea (chasing shiny objects syndrome). It’s only natural.
Other business owners may have simply “fallen” into their new business naturally and effortlessly… performing the services… yet not setting the foundation of their business.
Let’s face it, defining your mission, goals, systems, client care, strategic marketing and business plan is not sexy… it’s not doing that thing you love to do, however, over time it is necessary for growth and
stability. It is also necessary when you are ready
to bring in staff, hire a team, Virtual Assistant (VA) or Online Business manager.
Just imagine how much easier it would be to hand off a set of checklists, instructions or an operations manual to your new team members and simply say, “This is how we do things around here.” How would you feel to have those day-to-day tasks taken off your plate quickly and easily because you took the time to build your foundation? How much more income could you create if your time was freed up with the support of your team? Could you take a vacation or two?
Now is the time to start! Before you have to play “catch up” to grow your business. Now is the time to get smart using S.M.A.R.T. Principles! It’s the easiest and fastest way to get started.
Here are some S.M.A.R.T. Biz Tools that will get you off to a smart start:
- S.M.A.R.T. Biz & Marketing Plan Development Kit
- SM.A.R.T. Goal Setting Template
- S.M.A.R.T. Systems & Processes Development Kit
- 90 Coaching & Consulting Program